Sorrento, Mount Vesuvius and Herculaneum
The Mount Vesuvius, is the only active volcano in mainland Europe, and has produced some of the continent’s largest volcanic eruptions. Located on Italy’s west coast, it overlooks the Bay and City of Naples and sits in the crater of the ancient Somma volcano. Vesuvius is most famous for the 79 AD eruption which destroyed the Roman cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum.
Herculaneum, born in the archaic age and initially inhabited by an indigenous settlement, the city was later exposed to Samnitic, Greek, and Etruscan influences, up to the predominance of Roman civilisation, still today visible and in an excellent state of preservation. Situated on a volcanic plateau, sheer over the sea, Herculaneum like the other cities of Vesuvius was submerged by the eruption of Vesuvius in 79 A.D, from the town of Naples. The visit includes the town of Sorrento and two Archaeological sites, Herculaneum and Mount Vesuvius. In all three places that we will stop, you have the right time to visit.
Starting from Naples,
- the first city we will visit will Sorrento with its square, the alleys, and beautiful shops,
- then we will go by car on top of Vesuvius, where we arrive by car to the place where he began the footpath, and you will arrive at the top, turning around the crater, from the top you can admire a wonderful view, with the Gulf of Naples, part of the Sorrento peninsula and the islands in the middle, between the bays.
- Back down from Mount Vesuvius, we will take or highway or an internal road, to get to the archaeological ruins of Herculaneum, where your driver will park the car in a restricted area, and will show you the office to buy entrance tickets, and after you will start visit of the excavations, which depending on your needs can last from an hour and a half to a maximum of two. You can choose to visit the excavations by yourself, or by a tour guide.
After your visit, you will be escorted back to your location.
- DepartureFrom you location / To your location
- Dress CodeAs your choice
- IncludedSorrento, Mount Vesuvius and HerculaneumEnglish speaking driverLuxury vehiclePetrolDeparture Taxes
- Not IncludedWifiLunchEntry FeesPersonal Guide
Departure: from your location
First stop: Sorrento
Second stop: Mount Vesuvius
Last stop: Herculaneum
Back at your Location
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.